If you are looking for a position as a Magento 2 developer, then there is a good chance that your interviewer is going to ask you a series of questions related to Magento 2.
Here are some of the most common Magento interview questions and answers. It is very likely that these questions will be asked during your Magento 2 developer position interview.
Note: I will notify you of further updates.?
Magento 2 Interview Questions and Answers
1. What is Magento?
Magento is an open source-ecommerce web application developed by Varien, launched on 31st March 2008. Magento was built by using the part of Zend Framework and using the EAV (entity-attribute-value) database model to save the data. Now Magento is divison of eBay. On June 6 2011 eBay owns 100% of Magento.
2. Why use Magento 2?
Magento was stripped down and rebuilt from scratch to what is now a quicker, easier, and safer Magento 2 version.
Some of its advantages include:
- It is very fast
- It’s have New File Structure
- It’s have New Layout Elements
- CSS Preprocessing
- Magento UI Library
- Improved performance and scalability
- Reducing upgrade efforts and costs
3. What are the features of Magento 2?
Here are the following key features of Magento 2:
- Open and flexible architecture
- Enhanced business agility and productivity
- Engaging shopping experiences
- Grade scalability and performance of the enterprise
- Easier upgrades and maintenance
- Secure Payments
- Backup/Rollback system
4. What is MVC Architecture?
MVC, or Model, View, Controller, is a type of architecture in which business logic, data access, and user interface are separated for applications. MVC has two different types: configuration-based and convention-based. However, Magento uses the configuration-based version. This means that to get a module’s config file to work, everything must be specified to it.
5. What is EAV in Magento?
EAV, stands for Entity Attribute Value, is a technique which allows you to add unlimited columns to your table virtually. EAV also known as object attribute value model and open schema.
Entity (E): Entity actually refers to data item. For example we can consider it as customer, category or product.
Attribute (A): Attribute refers to the different attributes of the Entity. Like for example product have different attributes like color, size, price, etc.
Value (V): Value refers to the actual value of the attribute of the entity. Like color has value red, price has value $25, etc.
6. Which command is used to enable or disable a magento2 module?
php bin/magento module:enable NameSpace_ModuleName php bin/magento module:disable NameSpace_ModuleName
7. Which file stores the vendor path?
vendor_path.php situated at app/etc/ folder.
8. Which file is responsible for keeping database credentials?
env.php situated at app/etc/ folder.
9. Which class Magento 2 helper extend?
10. Which function refers the action in any controller file?
11. Which command is used to enable or disable a magento2 cache?
php bin/magento cache:enable php bin/magento cache:disable
12. What is the difference between cache:clean and cache:flush?
Typically, cache:clean deletes all enabled cache related to magento whereas cache:flush deletes the whole cache storage, whether its magento cache or any third party cache (whether enabled or disabled)
13. What is resource attribute for admin menu item?
Resource attribute defines the ACL rule, that a user must have in order to access this Menu Item.
14. Where does all core modules are located in Magento2?
They are under
15. Where are the module’s base definition file?
They are at
I hope you like this post, Please feel free to comment below, suggestion and problems!