Local development servers are very popular among web developers. With these tools, you can install and set up WordPress site locally on your PC, MAC or Linux machine very easily.
Setting up a WordPress Development Environment is very easy, there are so many free tools available to Setup WordPress Development Environment.
Here is a list of few tools to set up WordPress locally.
Mac And Windows (Cross Platform)
1. DesktopServer: DesktopServer is like a XAMPP/MAMP but with some Pro addition dedicated to WordPress (honestly it’s awesome).
Linux, Mac, Windows (Cross Platform)
2. XAMPP is a Free software to set up local development server. To install WordPress locally, you will have to create database using PHPMyAdmin.
3. Bitnami WordPress Stack provides a simple executable installer. You can set up a local WordPress site quickly and very easily, No technical skills required.
4. WAMP: You will have to create database using PHPMyAdmin to install WordPress. With WAMP you can easily set up multiple WordPress installations each with its own database. It makes it easy to develop sites locally and export database using PHPMyAdmin.
5. InstantWP automatically sets up a portable development environment and populates the WordPress install with dummy content. It’s very useful for theme or plugin development.
6. Trellis: Trellis uses Vagrant to automatically create a self-contained virtual machine.
8. MAMP : Free to $59: MAMP Server free version is enough to set up local WordPress sites. Advance users can buy pro version which offers more advance features.
Other Useful Tools
9. Uniform Server : WAMP stack, portable, up to date components Apache + MySQL + PHP & more. The Uniform Server is a lightweight server solution for running a web server under the WindowsOS. Less than 10MiB, it includes the latest versions of Apache2, Perl5, PHP5, MySQL5, phpMyAdmin and more.
10. Vmware Fusion : for development machines. VMware Fusion 8 is the easiest, fastest and most reliable way to run Windows applications on a Mac without rebooting. It is recommended for new and existing Mac users who want to continue running the Windows application they can’t live without. A free trial is available.
11. Vagrant : Create and configure lightweight, reproducible, and portable development environments.
I hope you like this post, Please feel free to comment below, suggestion and problems!